Tuesday, August 24, 2010

pushing the limits.

“You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone.” —Percy Cerutty, running coach

change is hard for me.  i am a creature of habit. i like to park in the same row when i go to target or the grocery store, and i always take the same route to school.  i find the way i like to do something and just continue to do it the same way every time.

i like to be in my comfort zone, and when i'm not, i am very anxious.

i try to figure things out way ahead of time, so as to avoid being surprised.  i always arrive places early. after all, my motto is, "if you're on time, you're late". things in my life are very orderly & predictable.  i like to have a contingency plan at all times, and a realistic view of things.

but when i decide i am going to do something, i go all out. i do everything i can to obtain my goal. i have a fierce determination and drive. 

but are my goals too realistic? 
am i too anxious and afraid to really shoot for the moon?? 

i don't take chances.
every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
but are my dreams not high enough??

i want to push my limits
both mentally & physically
to see what i'm really made of
i want to shoot for the moon

that is why i'm reassessing my goals for this marathon.
i want to go past what i'm comfortable with
or think i may be able to do.
i want a "pie in the sky" type goal
i want to be outside my comfort zone
it's scary
but i'm taking a risk
i'm pushing the limits...
big time :)

It is the mind that rules the body. -Soujourner Truth

No comments: