Friday, July 16, 2010

run.

in april 2009, when i started on this journey to get healthy
i had no idea that it would lead me to where i am today.

what was my motivation? & how did i do it?
i was tired of being tired...
just wanting to lose weight & feel better about myself...
i didn't want to wear a size 16/18 anymore...
i didn't want my legs to rub together anymore...
i didn't want to be embarrassed of myself anymore...
that decision brought me to weight watchers...
& exercising...
which brought me quiet, alone time with my Savior on that treadmill...
everyday...
HE helped me realize what a special person i was...
it was impressed upon my heart, like never before...
what my savior did for ME...
and how much HE loved ME...
and how much i needed HIM...
that time spent with HIM was savored and treasured & looked forward to...
everyday...
it was where i realized...
HE is with me always...
HE is my strength...
HE has forgiven me...
HE has given me new life...
HE is my purpose...
HE is my love.
which ultimately, led me to LOVE running
which brought me back to my love of competitive sports
which motivates me to make healthy eating & exercising a permanent change...
for me and my family.
a change that will honor HIM...
our bodies are HIS temples...
i strive to be healthy & run
in thanksgiving to HIM.
i run to HIM
& for HIM.

edit: photo added later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachelle, This is so touching, thanks for sharing. I am so proud of your accomplishments. Thank you Lord for leading Rachelle and keep her safe!