Wednesday, October 27, 2010

so i've been feeling like i'm about to go crazy...drew is sick, and i mean sick. he has been runnning a fever since monday, so i will be taking him to the dr's today.

but in the mean time, i have been trying to keep my distance as much as i can, while still giving him loves. i think i have used a whole bottle of hand sanitizer already. i'm downing vitamins, resting, washing hands, taking airborne, resting, washing hands, running, resting, studying, praying i don't get sick, resting, trying not to eat, resting, drinking lots of water, praying i don't get sick & resting. all of this added to my worries about the marathon.

but this morning i sat down, took a bunch of deep breaths...and prayed.

prayed that god would give me peace & take away my worries, and keep me healthy.

i am choosing to be confident & rest in HIM. i am not alone in this battle. HE is right by my side, with me every step of the way.  this has been a long journey...and however it ends, it is to bring HIM glory.  this journey would not have been possible without HIM. HE is my strength.   from the weight loss, to the injury & recovery at the beginning of the year, to ramping up my mileage in such a short time, to completing a really challenging training plan, to making huge improvements, to giving me the opportunity to meet new people, and cheerlead for some.   through all of this, i hope that i have been "a light" for Christ.  "let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matt. 5:16)   HE deserves all the praise & glory.  i will rest in HIM.  my confidence lies in CHRIST.

check out this recording of "my hope is found".  so amazing!

this mornings run:  6.92 mi/ 1:05:10/ avgHR 153/ avg pace 9:24

No comments: