1. i found a new chafing spot on sunday after my run...the insides of my knees. didn't think much of it. then yesterday while doing my intervals on the treadmill...i noticed the knees rubbing together. have my massive thighs finally thinned out enough that they no longer rub...and now the rubbing has moved down to my knees??
2. wore my new cute compression socks this morning for a test run, and i'm happy to report they are OSOM!
3. trying to be extra careful with my diet. making sure not to eat junk, but give my body only healthy fuel that it loves :)
4. "Stepping outside the comfort zone is the price I pay to find out how good I can be. If I planned on backing off every time running got difficult I would hang up my shoes and take up knitting."
-Desiree Davila, marathoner and member of the Hansons-Brooks Original Distance Project
5. trying to keep my mind busy, while resting my body. taper has started, and it was really weird to only run four miles this morning. school is getting busy; a chem test on friday, nutrition test next week, and a nutrition research paper due soon.
6. had an awesome run yesterday. 8 mi total. vo2max w.5x600m @2:40 (RI 1:30). warm-up miles...9:32,9:14,9:13,9:03,8:51...intervals 2:50(164), 2:41(168), 2:40(170), 2:39(172), 2:38(172)...1 mi cooldown. the intervals were run at avg 7:00m/m pace.
7. "The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." -Pre
8. last week i ran 55.47 mi. that is a new weekly high for me :)
9. 1129.53 mi year to date.
10. thinking about upcoming races...
11. does dedicated = crazy???