Friday, November 05, 2010

a look back...

marathon training officially began june 28th

19 weeks long.
ran 795.24 miles.

i completed 89 runs during training.
lots of runs in the early morning hours and the dark.
not to mention the 2+ hours every sunday.
(thanks katie for being my pit crew on several of those sundays!)

just thinking about 26.2 miles
made me break out in a cold sweat and caused my heart to race,
but my training has given me the confidence that i can do it.

i started with a long run of 12 miles
and ended up running two 20 milers and one 22 miler.

my first week of training i ran 37.9 miles
my highest week was 55.47 miles.
in july i ran 160.89mi
in august...191.39mi
in sept...200.75mi
in oct 203.71mi

finally (thanks tony) figured out
my fueling/hydration plan.

7.4.10...     12.36mi/  2:07:27/  avgHR 151/  avg pace 10:18
10.10.10...  12.48mi/  1:59:22mi/  avgHR 151/  avg pace 9:33
HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

ran a 10k in 50:55 and took 3rd in my age group.

so many changes,
so many milestones.
i am a different person
than i was 4 months ago.

i am so grateful for
the support of my family & friends
through this journey.

thanks for coming with me on my runs,
for listening to my constant babbling about times, & runs, & pace predictions,
for checking up on me during & after my runs,
for refilling my gatorade and giving me a mental boost,
for understanding when i had to get up at 4:30a.m. to go for my long run,
for calming me down when i get stressed out,
for the countless amounts of cheerleading
and
for endless amounts of love.
i am SO grateful.
love you all!!


update: still taking tons of vitamins, airborne, and doing the sinus rinse.   throat is a little sore, but i think it may be just the postnasal drip from the Afrin i took.  head is still a little stuffy.  drinking tons of water and resting today.  hoping for the best :)

No comments: