Thursday, June 16, 2005

fond memories

I finished another art journal page today. The idea came to me last night, so as soon as i got up this morning, I just wanted to create. I have this awesome picture of my grandmother when she worked at a confectionary company in Cleveland ( Aug. 1939) that i had to use. This page was inspired by a prompt a while back...do a page inspired by a dessert. Journaling is all about how my Grandmother always had dessert after every meal. She loved anything sweet: candy, cookies, cakes, and pastries. It just brings back so many happy memories I have of my grandmother.

I used acrylic paints for the background, then adhered the picture and stars. I painted a pearl metallic paint on top to make it shimmer and then added the title and journaling. Everything is adhered with gel medium. thanks for looking!

No comments: