Wednesday, March 09, 2011

getting my head on straight...

as the marathon approaches...
it seems that my mind is consumed with the race.
i've been trying not to think about it...
to avoid worrying.

i want to get my goals set in my head
and then...when those negative thoughts creep in...
squash them with positive ones.

i've been going over my training log
and picking out certain runs that were really hard...
and seeing how i pushed through them..
or noticing how much improvement i've made since then...
it's really affirming to my brain.
helps me prove to myself that my goal is possible.

Goals:
A-break 4 hours
B-4:15
C-finish...even if that means crawling

i printed out the 4 hour pace band to wear for the race.
i have it sitting right next to the computer.
to run 4 hours...that is a 9:09 pace for 26.2 miles.
i can do it!!!
that is my goal.

"Stepping outside the comfort zone is the price I pay to find out how good I can be. If I planned on backing off every time running got difficult I would hang up my shoes and take up knitting."
             -Desiree Davila, marathoner and member of the Hansons-Brooks Original Distance Project



1 comment:

Social Media Expert said...

Very Helpful Article. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information.


Health Care Product